Luxury Showroom Consultant Job at Marks Supply Kitchener, ON
Who we are
With nine wholesale branches and three luxury showrooms located throughout southwestern Ontario, Marks Supply is a leading supplier for top-quality Plumbing , P.V.F. , Hydronics and HVAC products. Our success is directly linked to our conviction to provide exceptional customer service; to nurture a highly educated, knowledgeable team of employees; and to embrace new, innovative technology. Recently acquired by Munch’s Supply, a leading U.S.-based HVAC and Plumbing Distributor, we are uniquely positioned to grow exponentially.
What makes us different from other wholesale distributors is our people, and the deep commitment they have to sharing the very best product knowledge to guide customer decisions and demonstrate our value. Through ongoing training, a generous education policy, and our Product Pros Program, we set our teams up for success knowing they are the foundation our success relies on. Joining us now is a chance to be a critical part in the next phase of our growth and the confidence to know we will take you on that journey with us.
Who we need
Marks Supply is a family company providing wholesale plumbing, HVAC and hydronics products to the Ontario market since 1962. Its division, the Watermarks Luxury Boutique Showroom, was created to cater to the clients in the market for high-end kitchen and bathroom fixtures, and has quickly grown to provide builders and homeowners with the absolute best in elite decorative elegance. This division is looking for a driven sales consultant with a passion for interior design to join the team at the showroom in Kitchener. As our Showroom Sales Consultant, you will be our point of contact with potential and existing clients, working at our luxury showroom to drive sales and grow our existing base of customers looking for premium products for their baths and kitchens. Your customer relations expertise will go a long way in building client trust as you attend to them by sending quotes, processing orders, and delivering satisfactory customer service.
What’s in it for you
A collaborative team with a customer focus. As a showroom sales consultant, you will be responsible for the customer experience from start to finish. Using your superior communication skills and interior design expertise, you will paint a picture of luxury for them, advising them on the best recommended products for their bath and kitchen spaces. The operations manager, showroom supervisor, and your fellow sales consultants make for a supportive environment where you can all work to reach and surpass individual sales targets.
Career development. As our Showroom Sales Consultant, there is room for you to advance your career through our various available avenues. You will receive training in the luxury fixture industry, growing your sales expertise in the field of interior design, and increasing your eligibility for promotion to senior sales roles in the future. Additionally, there are always openings in various branches across Ontario if you ever wish to transfer, as well as other opportunities within Marks Supply, the corporate brand of which our Watermarks Luxury Boutique is a part. Our work culture emphasizes the importance of education in furthering your career, and we are committed to supporting our employees’ development through paid training to help them reach company goals for growth.
An easy-going work environment. You will enjoy the fulfillment that comes with helping customers find the right luxury fixtures for their interior design dreams, by using your deep knowledge of our elite product selection to make the right recommendations in a pressure-free space. Working with the team, your days will be independent without excessive supervision. Your love of interior design, do-it-yourself projects, and the latest trends in home decoration will be a key part of helping you assess and deliver on your customer’s needs.
Unlimited income potential. Your income includes a competitive base salary plus commissions with no caps. The more sales you close the more you can earn.
What you will do:
- Make sales. You will grow our customer base by driving sales. You will handle the entire sales process from initial communication to follow-up and closing.
- Develop strong customer relationships. You will develop a relationship of trust with customers, maintaining it by delivering the best customer service experience from start to finish.
- Administrative duties. You will prepare and deliver quotes for customers, answer calls, send and reply to emails, take payment information, and prepare any other necessary documentation. You will also schedule deliveries for items and receive payments.
- Data Management. You will enter order information into our database and update it as necessary.
- Customer consultations. You will meet with showroom customers either by appointment or as walk-ins, for consultations and recommendations based on their needs. You will offer a luxury customer experience, making suggestions for products from your trained understanding of our range of premium fixtures. You will maintain these customer relationships, with follow-ups as needed.
What you bring:
- The interpersonal skills. You are comfortable in a social environment and interact well with people. You can communicate eloquently with customers and get along collaboratively with the members of your team.
- Time management skills. Your time and calendar management skills make you adept at planning and executing multiple tasks simultaneously and on time. You will frequently handle customer service issues, calls, invoicing details, and more, often concurrently.
- The interior design expertise. You have worked in the luxury industry in the past, and understand how to position and promote premium goods or services to customers. You are able to provide high-quality customer service for them from start to finish as well.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office. You will work frequently in Microsoft, operating between Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook to prepare documents, update information and create presentations.
- The enthusiasm for driving sales. You are passionate about chasing sales and highly motivated to reach and exceed existing targets.
Need more reasons to join?
Marks Supply is a place where respect for the person, the work, and opinions are paramount. With executive leaders onsite weekly, this is a place that retains and actively nurtures a small company feel while drawing on the benefits and support of a larger organization. Our culture is built around supporting a better life for our employees. We have a roster of people who have been with us for over 15 years and a welcoming environment and room to grow for new team members.
- We appreciate you. We are committed to the growth and development of our employees in both their professional and personal lives through our Build a Better Life (BABL) program. We offer tools and resources including comprehensive health benefits for you and your family; Employee and Family Assistance Program; financial planning and saving resources; educational reimbursement and more.
- We foster a casual atmosphere and a distinct lack of bureaucracy. Our uniqueness is access to decision makers, an openness for ideas, and the confidence that you aren’t a number, you are a name. We pride ourselves on a place where people can bring their whole self to work and we train our managers on how to adapt to an individual’s learning and feedback style. We empower our employees to make decisions, to learn from their mistakes, and to reach further in their career with us.
- We care. There’s just no other way to put this. No bells, no whistles needed. At Marks Supply, taking care of our people and giving back to our community is a priority. From the annual John Todd Invitational Golf Tournament that has contributed more than $117,000 to the Canadian Cancer Society and KidsAbility to the We Care/We Share award that splits donations between an employee cause and a client cause.
- We have fun. In fact, we have a whole team dedicated to planning it. When in-person gatherings are allowed, we host skating nights, family BBQs, annual branch dinners, an in-house baseball team; a party to celebrate long term employees. Every month we publish our Coming Down the Pipe employee newsletter with educational tips, songs, and more shared by the people who make up our teams.
If you have 70% of the qualifications we are looking for and want to be part of success, we encourage you to express your interest. We can’t promise it will be a fit, but we do promise to consider your experience. Apply now.
Marks Supply welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Powered by JazzHR
About the Company
Company: Marks Supply
Company Location: Kitchener, ON